All Things Autumn: Make-up

3 Oct 2013

Autumn is my favourite for absolutely everything! the only thing missing to make this season perfect is Christmas but you can't have everything! For this post I'm going to focus on my favourite products and style of make-up I like to use in Autumn.

I contour my cheeks all year round but there is something about using it autumn that I prefer!
For product suggestions on contouring bronzers, I'd try either the Sleek Face form kit, Contour kit or maybe the Bourjois chocolate bronzer.
I seem to be all about the brown eyes in autumn and I tend to head towards my MUA Undressed palette aswell as the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'On and On Bronze'. Any of the Naked palettes would also be perfect for Autumn! Going along with the brown eye style, if I'm wanting to add a little bit of eyeliner I would prefer to use a brown eyeliner rather than a black but I would still keep with a black mascara and at the moment I've been using the Rimmel Scandal Retro Glam Mascara.
The most dramatic change to my Autumn make-up is definitely the Lips and I feel Autumn lip colours are fabulous. During all other seasons I would love to put on that deep red lipstick but feel it's a little too daring. But when it comes to Autumn there's no stopping me!


Starting from the left we have a dark berry colour from the 17 available at boots in the shade Rich. This is darkest colour I have and is my absolute favourite lipstick! Another berry colour I would suggest is the Rimmel Apocalips lip lacquer in Galaxy for more of a purple berry colour.
The next colour along is the Avon lipstick in Rouge; I only have this in a sample size but it's the perfect size for a handbag. The colour pay off is not the best but the overall colour and look of the lipstick is great!
The next two are very similar starting with the Kate Moss for Rimmel lipstick in #19. This is my favourite lip colour all year round and is great if your one who loves a nude lip but wants something a little autumnal. It's the same with the next one which is from Collection in the #13 Vintage Rose. This is slightly bit lighter than the Rimmel one. It was definitely an impulse buy as the only thing, apart from the colour, that attracted me to it was the name;like seriously,how pretty is the name!
Lastly is the Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm in Cherry Me. Being a lip balm, the pigmentation is hardly anything but if you aren't very daring or suffer from dry lips, this would be fabulous for you as it is such a moisturising and has the most amazing cherry scent to it.
I hope you enjoy this first installment in my small Autumn series. Hope you're having a good day! x


Post a Comment